Let’s see how to cook this wonderful meat cut!
I do not know if you like a T-bone steak, but I am a very big fan of this meat cut. And you are lucky, as today I am going to tell you how to cook it.
There are several ways of cooking this cut: you can grill, pan-sear or broil it in the oven. But since we're here to talk about grilling, let's see how to properly grill this steak. I decided to divide this post into several steps.
- Step 1: Before cooking, you'll need to thaw your steak in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Once thawed, remove your steak from the fridge and leave it for 30-40 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Step 2: Season your steak.
- Step 3: Preheat your grill and place the steak over the hottest part of the grill and sear both sides for 1–2 minutes.
- Step 4: Move to medium, ash-covered coals and continue to grill. The grilling time depends on the desired roast and the steak thickness.
For a thin steak, the grilling time is as follows:
Rare - 8–11 mins, Medium-Rare - 10–13 mins, Medium 11–14 mins, Medium-Well - 13-16 mins.
For a thicker steak, the ideal cooking time is:
Rare - 12-15 minutes, Medium-Rare - 14–17 mins, Medium - 15–18 mins, Medium-Well - 17–20 mins.
- Step 5: Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point. Your steak is ready. Open some beer and enjoy your food.
Grilling a T-bone steak may require special attention, but the result will definitely not disappoint you!