2kg Chicken wings
2x Cadbury crunchie bars or 40g milk choc and 50g honeycomb
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pre make Mole sauce as per below
- Fry chopped up onion, crushed garlic and diced Jalapeno for 5 mins over a medium heat pan (Hob or BBQ)
- Add all dry seasoning (chilli powder, cinnamon, Cumin, Oregano, Flour)
- Remove from heat and add chicken stock
- Blitz into a puree using a blender
- Put back onto the heat and add (Tomato puree, Dark choc, Peanut butter, Sea Salt)
- Simmer and your looking for a bbq sauce consistency.
- Keep warm if using now or reheat later.
- Light BBQ at setup indirect cooking at around 170-180c
- Season wings with salt and pepper (Don’t at this point go for a different wing seasoning as there is already many flavours in this recipe)
- Place wings indirect onto the BBQ for around 45mins or until they reach an internal temp of 70-75c
- Place pre made mole sauce onto BBQ
- Dip each wing into the sauce place back onto the bbq for 5 minutes.
- Crush honeycomb into almost powder
- Scrape Milk chocolate to create shards
- Plate up wings and sprinkle generously with honeycomb and milk chocolate
- Eat and enjoy!